Week 3 20% project

This week was good and I got some notes done. Some of the notes i took was about which wood is the best for/ to make a subwoofer box. I don’t really know what the woods do but i took notes. I also took some notes for which 12” subwoofer is the best under 100$ the one i found was 99.95 dollars, at least its not over 100 dollars. I also sketched some designs for the subwoofer box. The sketch i had drawn has a hole coming out the the side for ventilation. The ventilation helps add more bass to songs. The ventilation holes are called ports. They help increase the low bass output of the subwoofer. The lowest bass are being reproduced by these ports. This reduces the cone excursion required by the woofer to reproduce these lowest frequencies. I also need to find an amp for the subwoofer so it doesn’t take a lot of energy. What an amp does is It’ll take the incoming audio signal, filter out the high frequencies (humans hear in the range of 20–20000hz, bass is in the low range of that spectrum), and then pass it to an amplifier to boost the signal, and then the output of the amplifier goes to the subwoofer which has been designed to handle low frequencies.

One thought on “Week 3 20% project”

1. This is well written! Remember to capitalize your I words, and refer to the rubric so you do ALL the parts of the assignment. 🙂